21 April, 2023News Categories. News
Neom is Saudi Arabia’s $500 billion mega-project, which is now managing all the operations at the Port of Duba.
KG Logistics provide a comprehensive freight forwarding service to help clients export to and from Saudi Arabia’s Duba Port. Our experts have detailed everything you need to know about Neom’s ongoing project and freight forwarding to and from the Port of Duba.
What is Neom?
Neom is currently the world’s largest architectural project. It is being developed as a special economic zone and aims to be a hub for innovation, technology, and sustainable living. The project was announced in 2017 by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman as part of the country’s Vision 2030 plan, which aims to diversify the economy and reduce dependence on oil.
In total, Neom encompasses around 10,200 square miles in northwestern Saudi Arabia. The area is bounded by the Red Sea to the south and the Gulf of Aqaba to the west. It is set to contain numerous cities, resorts, and other developments.
The region will have a strong focus on sustainability, with plans to use new technologies to reduce carbon emissions and waste. It is set to be powered entirely by renewable energy sources.
Neom and the Port of Duba
The Duba Port was launched in 1994 and comprises 10 berths with a total capacity of nearly 10 million tonnes per year.
As of August 2022, Neom has taken over the management of the Northern Port of Duba. The Saudi Ports Authority (SPA), which manages seaports in the largest Arab economy, transferred the management and operation of the Port to Neom. The port serves as a key gateway for trade and commerce in the region and is expected to play an important role in the development of Neom.
The SPA will retain some services, including issuing regulations, licensing port activities, collecting port fees, and supervising vessels.
As part of the development of Neom, the Saudi government has announced plans to expand and upgrade the Port of Duba, to increase its capacity and efficiency and enable it to handle the expected increase in trade and shipping activity.
Freight Forwarding to Saudi Arabia
KG Logistics offer a comprehensive freight forwarding service to help clients export from Saudi Arabia. Some of the key shipping ports we operate to and from include:
- Duba Port: Located in northwest Saudi Arabia on the coast of the Red Sea. The main port city associated with the NEOM Project.
- King Abdulaziz Port: The largest port in the Arabian Gulf, handling a significant portion of Saudi Arabia’s imports and exports.
- Jeddah Islamic Port: Located in Jeddah, this is the biggest port in the Red Sea and a major gateway for goods entering and leaving Saudi Arabia.
- Jubail Commercial Port: Situated on the eastern coast of Saudi Arabia and handles a significant amount of petrochemical exports.
- Yanbu Commercial Port: An important export hub for petrochemicals and minerals, located in Yanbu.
- King Fahd Industrial Port: This port is located adjacent to the Yanbu Commercial Port and specialises in handling bulk cargo and containers.
Our sea freight services include part load (LCL) and full load (FCL). We also provide a roll-on/roll-off (RoRo) service. This is a method of loading and unloading the cargo in which it is driven onto and off the transportation using a ramp. We can arrange ex-works and FOB shipments depending on our client’s requirements.
Our specialised breakbulk team can arrange ex-works and FOB shipments for all larger out-of-gauge cargo. We can arrange any type of air freight shipping on a door-to-door basis, whether your shipment is of utmost urgency or it requires a full charter of an aircraft.